[PD-dev] [PD] steep filter?

volker böhm vboehm at gmx.ch
Mon Mar 16 11:31:05 CET 2009

> Jo?o Pais hat gesagt: // Jo?o Pais wrote:
>
>> I looked in my list of pd-ext objects, but found no elliptic
>> filters. are
>> there any, or any way of getting their coefficients to use with
>> biquad~?
>
> Elliptic filters are rather hard to design, most of the time you
> will find
> Butterworth or Chebyshev designs in our little audio world.

hey, joão
you still haven't made friends with fft? ;)
i've just finished a max external that does chebyshev filtering with
a variable number of poles and adjustable % of ripple in the
passband. repackaging this into a pd external wouldn't be too hard.
if you are interested in trying this out, drop me a mail and i'll see
when i can get it done.
volker.