[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2555276 ] using [send] with data structures crashes Pd 0.42.2

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 18 19:53:49 CET 2009

Bugs item #2555276, was opened at 2009-02-01 09:40
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sf-robot
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2555276&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.42.2

Initial Comment:
open pd -> help browser -> data structures
open a help patch (i tried sequencer|scaling|onoff) close it. open help browser -> reference -> send-help.pd
try to use the [s ] -- pd crashes.

Date: 2009-03-18 18:53

Message:
This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was
previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter
did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by
the administrator of this Tracker).

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2009-02-05 05:00

Message:
it seems to be fixed in 0.42.4, try it out and report back:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/pd/src/g_template.c?sortby=date&r1=10737&r2=10736&pathrev=10737

and backported to Pd-extended 0.41.4

Comment By: Luke Iannini (lukeiannini)
Date: 2009-02-03 01:43

Message:
Thanks to whoever made this report, it wasn't me : ).  Anyway, as this
person and Mathieu noted, it's the presence of DS that trigger the bug, so
you can disregard the multiple instances in ds-slider-o-help.pd; just one
instance will do the trick.

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2009-02-01 20:01

Message:
Nice work isolating it! It crashed for me with Pd-0.42.2 and
Pd-0.41.4-extended on Mac OS X 10.5/Intel.  It's strange since making a
patch with just the [s] and a message doesn't crash.  I attached the patch
you posted to the pd-list since it clearly illustrates the problem.