[PD-dev] Using PD funcs from inside a threaded external

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 19 00:06:10 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> Afaik, this will do the rough equivalent of a [delay 0] across threads, so
>> that your (Ben's) thread's execution is inserted between two t_clock
>> events ([delay], [metro], etc.)
> not really ... [delay 0] will schedule the outlet during the next dsp
> tick in the pd thread ...

uh, i haven't read that part of the code in detail, but wouldn't that be
_before_ the next dsp tick instead? (I was likening sys_lock to the use of
[delay] in a single-threaded setting, I wasn't suggesting to use the real
[delay] in a multi-thread setting)

> waiting for the interpreter lock requires the os to schedule the thread,
> the function and all triggered object functions, are called in the
> object thread ...

I was beginning to reply to this paragraph, but I realised that I don't
understand the grammar of it. Could you please rephrase?