[PD-dev] Using PD funcs from inside a threaded external

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Mar 19 17:28:07 CET 2009

Thanks for the comments Tim & Mathieu,

It seems I have two options:

* Not send output to PD (very limited functionality)

* Use Tim's suggestion.

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Afaik, this will do the rough equivalent of a [delay 0] across threads,
> so that your (Ben's) thread's execution is inserted between two t_clock
> events ([delay], [metro], etc.)

Does this mean that rendering/audio in PD will be interrupted during
this time of global locking?

Ah! I would only need to lock while before I do the PD calls right?

Something like:

sys_lock();
outlet_symbol();
sys_unlock();