[PD-dev] PD bails, thread continues happily?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sun Mar 29 06:44:06 CEST 2009

Hey all,

I've managed to solve the issues with threads dying.

I did a test today running a over 10,000 image captures using the
"captureimages" method of [gphoto]. Everything seems to work, but the PD
counter (based on bangs sent from the second thread) stopped at 2,000
and PD became largely unresponsive.

I was able to stop the thread with the PD method, so PD was not totally
dead, but I was unable to send any additional commands to the camera,
nor open another patch, or anything useful.

I've attached the thread spawner and the thread code itself.

Anyone have an idea why PD would stop after 2,000 loop iterations and
yet the thread (and camera) still working in the background?

I was testing with a very small delay (0) so the loop contained a
sleep(0). I'll try a sleep(2) today and tomorrow.

The rest of the code is in SVN.

Thanks,
.b.