[PD-dev] portmidi on GNU/Linux

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 29 20:12:55 CEST 2009

I'm scared to touch anything MIDI (since I don't use it either).  Word
has it that the "alsa" MIDI implementation in linux is buggy.  On the
other hand, the old-fashioned one (incorrectly called "OSS" in the Pd
GUI) can do things that none of the others can, so should probably be
preserved.

cheers
Miller