[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2613011 ] popup crashes with pd-0.42 and GOP

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 2 16:27:28 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2613011, was opened at 2009-02-18 16:34
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by zmoelnig
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2613011&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: None

Initial Comment:
using [popup] with a brand-new Pd (0.42-4) just crashes when used in a graph-on-parent.

to reproduce, put the [popup-gop-test] (taht comes with popup) abstraction into a new patch.

this happened on linux and osx.

Comment By: IOhannes m zmlnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2009-03-19 17:53

Message:
btw, i don't know whether this is the canonical fix for the problem.
it just happens to work...

Comment By: IOhannes m zmlnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2009-03-19 17:52

Message:
i have submitted (without asking :-() a patch to popup that seems to fix
the problem.

the segfault happened, because in popup_vis() you were creating an
rtext_new() which in turn needed to have a glist _with_ an gl_editor; if
the gl_editor was NULL (which happens with 0.42 and gop), rtext_new()
segfaults;
my fix is to make sure that there is a gl_editor

Comment By: B. Bogart (bbogart)
Date: 2009-02-21 19:15

Message:
I can confirm this bug.
Looks like [button] from GGEE has the same problem.

Guenter, care to take a look?

I wonder if g_canvas will ever be public... I guess that they have worked
since 2003 is pure luck.