[PD-dev] [tcpserver]: new 'clientbuf' method seems to be buggy

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 6 22:51:17 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 20:33 +0000, martin.peach at sympatico.ca wrote:
> Well I'm trying to get rid of the bugs in it...
> I don't get that on WinXP though (Pd 0.41.4-extended). I set the
> buffer to 12 and still received 30 bytes.
> On Debian with Pd 0.41.4-extended I get two separate messages (each
> longer than 12) but still all the data arrives.

here, on my ubuntu 8.04 box, the patch i sent behaves this way:

- after connecting, the 30 byte message from server to client comes
through, but is splitted into two messages of 15 bytes, sometimes 1 and
29 bytes.

- after sending 'clientbuf 1 1024' to [tcpserver], only the 15 bytes
come through, and sometimes only the very first byte.

tell me, if there is anything i could help you with.

roman