[PD-dev] [tcpserver]: new 'clientbuf' method seems to be buggy

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 7 00:03:00 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 21:26 +0000, martin.peach at sympatico.ca wrote:
> Spoke too soon. On Debian setting the buffer to any size always
> returns me 2048, so that's no good.
> On WinXP some values (1,2) do what you said. Others (10,12) don't. I'm
> not sure what to do about that. It seems to be the OS.

here, what [tcpserver] reporst as the used buffersize, is always twice
the number i send. for numbers below 1024, 2048 is reported. for numbers
higher than 131071, always 262142 is reported.

i found some *magic* borders, probably the numbers tell you something. i
don't know what to do with them. those borders are between 3014 and
3015, and the other one between 6029 and 6030

when setting the buffersize to:
< 3015, only the first 15 bytes come through of every message sent
< 6030, only the first 16 bytes come through of every message sent

for setting buffersize to >= 6030, messages to a length up to 64 bytes
are sent correctly. i haven't tested bigger messages.

don't know, probably those numbers can help you track down the problem.
it's funny, that none of them are a power of two.

roman