[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2084665 ] change cursor in edit mode

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 14 01:21:26 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2084665, was opened at 2008-08-30 21:45
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2084665&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
this is a small but annoying little bug. when you switch to edit mode (selecting from the menu or by ctrl+e) the mouse cursor does not change immediately from arrow to hand, but only after you move the mouse. I think this should instantly change to give better visual feedback to the user.
this happens at least on 0.40-3 and 0.41-4 (I only had a look at mac os 10.5).

Date: 2009-04-13 19:21

Message:
I think this is only a problem on Mac OS X.  There is a hack in place that
tries to update the cursor, but IIRC, it doesn't seem to work on Mac OS X.