[PD-dev] (rsync vs. windows) it works now...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Apr 22 02:03:57 CEST 2009

Ok, after much pain and grief, I think I have found a workable
solution to getting rsyncing working properly on Cygwin/Windows.
Basically, the fight seems to be over the 0444 perms on the files
in .svn.  So there is a script (scripts/autobuild/extra-rsync.bat)
that runs every 15 minutes that first rsyncs ignoring the .svn stuff,
so it gets the meat.  Then it runs rsync again to try to get the .svn
stuff.  It often barfs after a few files, so that's why its run every
15 minutes.

Then when the built runs, it starts out with an rsync with a --delete-
before.  So it'll delete everything that shouldn't be there, but it
might not get a complete sync on Windows.  But since it has been
syncing all day, it should be ok, right? right?

Arg!

                             kill your television