[PD-dev] library finding it's own path?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Apr 23 21:57:58 CEST 2009

On Apr 23, 2009, at 3:40 PM, <martin.peach at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> IOhannes wrote:
> > Martin Peach wrote:
> > >
> > > Have a look at the source for [mrpeach/which] in svn. I took
> some code
> > > from Pd internals and it calls some more, but maybe not _way_
> too much.
> > >

> > thanks for the hints, but this is even more "ugly" (no harm
> intended)
> > than what i already have. i really want to be agnostic about which
> > extension the library has (just image miller adds a new extension;
> or
> > hans removes .l_i386 from PdX and i will actually find the wrong
> binary)
> >

> Well it's the same 'ugly' code that Pd itself uses. I simply copied
> the extension list from Pd source. I guess you could just access the
> list directly and then not worry about it changing in the future.
> The code for [which] tries all possible extensions for the current
> OS and opens the first one that exists. Pd does the same thing, or
> at least the version in svn does. Probably if the relevant functions
> were exposed in m_pd.h they could all be used in situ.

Just an FYI, I tried using [which] on Mac OS X and got this:

/Users/hans/code/pure-data/trunk/externals/mrpeach/which/
which.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/hans/code/pure-data/trunk/externals/
mrpeach/which/which.pd_darwin, 10): Symbol not found: _filelength

_filelength() looks like a Microsoft function.

.hc

> Martin

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.