[PD-dev] [PD] readanysf~ v0.30

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 1 22:57:22 CEST 2009

On Fri, 01 May 2009 22:35 +0200, "august" <august at alien.mur.at> wrote:
> > /sw is where Fink installs everything.
> >
> > You can install it anywhere you have permissions to with the pddev
> > account.  Since that it is machine that creates the final release
> > builds, the 'official' locations like /usr/local need to remain
> > clean.  Otherwise, things could slip into the builds and cause strange
> > problems that are hard to track down.
> >
> > If you need more access to a Mac OS X machine, then it seems best to
> > work with someone who has a Mac, Luke Iannini mentioned trying, I
> > cc'ed him.
> >

> well, I can get it all to compile...but I cannot get any packages that
> depende on gavl to link properly.
>
> I'd like to make  a fink package, but I don't think I will be able to
> without sudo.   Any ideas on how to do this?
>
> Also, I can compile gmerlin_avdecode, but only with the theora codec.
> Anyway you can update the ffmpeg (liabavcodec,libavformat.ect) as well
> as some others.  here is a list of things that are missing (but, I
> 		believe are all fink getable):
>

> libavcodec (ffmpeg):    Missing (Go to http://www.ffmpeg.org/)
> libpostproc (ffmpeg):    Missing (Go to http://www.ffmpeg.org/)
> libswscale (ffmpeg):    Found (CFLAGS=-I/sw/include/ffmpeg
> LIBS=-L/sw/lib -lswscale -lavutil)
> libavformat (ffmpeg):    Missing (Go to http://www.ffmpeg.org/)
> faad2:                  Missing (Go to http://www.audiocoding.com/)
> flac:                   Missing (Go to http://flac.sourceforge.net/)
> vorbis:                 Missing (Go to http://www.vorbis.com/)
> theora:                 Found (CFLAGS=-I/sw/include   LIBS=-L/sw/lib
> -ltheora -logg)
> schroedinger:           Missing (Go to http://www.diracvideo.org/)
> speex:                  Found (CFLAGS=-I/sw/include   LIBS=-L/sw/lib
> -lspeex -logg)
> libpng:                 Missing (Go to
> http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html)
> libtiff:                Missing (Go to
> http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/)
> libopenjpeg:            Missing (Go to http://www.openjpeg.org)
> libmpeg2 (mpeg2dec)     Missing (Go to http://libmpeg2.sourceforge.net/)
> libmad 0.15.x:          Missing (Go to http://mad.sourceforge.net/)
> liba52 (a52dec):        Missing (Go to http://liba52.sourceforge.net/)
> libdca:                 Missing (Go to
> http://www.videolan.org/developers/libdca.html)
> libmpcdec:              Missing (Go to http://www.musepack.net/)
> libcdio:                Missing (Go to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/)
> mjpegtools:             Missing (Go to http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/)
> samba:                  Missing (Go to http://www.samba.org)
> libdvdread:             Missing (Go to
> http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/downloads.shtml)

Mind if we keep this on pd-dev?  I think it would be useful for others.
I cc'ed it.

Most of those are already installed using Fink, so I am guessing that
the ./configure needs to be pointed at the Fink /sw/include and /sw/lib.
 Sometimes the fink packages install stuff into weird places,
unfortunately. You can see what is installed and available using "fink
list".  There is dpkg too for debian-style.  So like:

pddev at macosx104-powerpc:~$ fink list tiff
Information about 4475 packages read in 6 seconds.
 i   libtiff           3.8.2-1002    TIFF image format library and tools
 i   libtiff-bin       3.8.2-1002    Executables for libtiff package
 i   libtiff-shlibs    3.8.2-1002    Shared libraries for libtiff
 package

I can install Fink packages for you if you tell me which to install.  I
installed libcdio-dev for example, that was missing.  I am a bit nervous
about installing everything since it could cause issues in the builds,
and everything but might not be needed.

I created /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/gavl.info owned by pddev if
you want to start with that.  Once things are setup, you shouldn't need
sudo to run 'fink -m --build-as-nobody rebuild gavl'.  I am in #dataflow
if you want to ping me and do this more interactively.