[PD-dev] pd-cvs shall include diffs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue May 12 21:05:05 CEST 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 12:50 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>>> better stored in soundfiles than in header-files. inappropriate
>>> use should not keep use from having features.
>> If I import code into the 'sources' tree (for Windows), then all of
>> that code will be sent to pd-cvs.
>
> well, how many packages do you plan to import in the next few years?
> apart from that, in theory i could setup a filter in the mailing-
> list that will not let through commits to /sources

August and I have been working to get gavl and gmerlin-avdecoder and
all the relevant libs building on Windows so that readanysf~ and Gem
can use them on all platforms.  That means these libs still need to be
imported:

ffmpeg
faac
faad2
gmerlin-avdecoder
gavl

There are probably others that I am forgetting.  By the way, this
turns out to be a pretty big task.  We have made some substantial
progress, and August has gotten mingw fixes checked in for gavl and
gmerlin-avdec.  But its too big for the two of us right now.  If we
could get some help, then this is much more likely to happen.
readanysf~ is really working well now on Mac OS X, where all the libs
are in Fink now.  Debian still lacks gmerlin-avdec, I haven't checked
Fedora.

>> I think the same goes for a merge.  That's a lot of email.
>
> which merges are you talking about?
> i cannot think of one that will generate "a lot of email" now.

Like merging Pd-extended 0.41.4 and Pd-vanilla 0.42.5

.hc

> mfga.sr
> IOhannes

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson