[PD-dev] [PD] abunch release

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 18 22:05:24 CEST 2009

I am ccing the list to open it up to others and put it in the
archive.  I should make a FAQ for this question I suppose...

Basically, I am encouraging people to first try distributing their
library as a standalone libdir.  Pd-extended now makes its a lot
easier to install and use libdirs.  Then you can work out the
distribution and development issues on your own schedule instead of
having to work around the Pd-extended release cycle.  Once things are
stable and not changing much any more, then it makes more sense to
included in Pd-extended.

To include a library, first you need SVN access, then you need to
check it into SVN in the 'externals' section, then you need to add it
to the Pd-extended build system.  There is a lot of developer
documentation that you should check out.  Links below:

http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-access-the-pure-data-source-code-repositories
http://puredata.info/docs/developer

.hc

On May 18, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Hans Roels wrote:

> I guess the question was what do I have to do to include Abunch in
> the pd-extended distribution. Do I have to upload it somewhere? the
> link that you gave me doesn't give me an answer or am I missing
> something?
> Hans
> At 20:46 18/05/2009, you wrote:
>
>> If you put all that in a folder with the same name, then drop that
>> folder into the user externals location, it should work like a
>> regular
>> library:
>>
>> http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files-with-pd-extended
>>
>> Its best to continue this discussion on the list so that its
>> archived,
>> etc.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On May 18, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Hans Roels wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> That would be a nice idea! I've made a meta file (in attach).
>>>
>>> Hans, could you tell me what else I have to do?
>>>
>>> best, Hans

>>> <abunch-meta.pd>

>> Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
>> for machines to execute.
>> - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson