[PD-dev] uDMX pd external crashes pd

volker böhm vboehm at gmx.ch
Tue May 26 10:52:07 CEST 2009

hi georg,
i had the same problem when i tried compiling uDMX on linux.
the trouble i think is in the new method:

floatinlet_new((t_object *)x, (t_float *)x->channel); //assigns float
in inlet 2 directly to channel

where channel is an int. this compiles but crashed pd when second
inlet is used.
for me it worked to rewrite it using inlet_new() instead:

inlet_new(&x->p_ob, &x->p_ob.ob_pd, gensym("float"), gensym("ft1"));

then of course you need a dedicated method to assign the input to x-
 >channel
something like:

void uDMX_ft1(t_uDMX *x, t_floatarg f)
{
	x->channel = f;
}

but why don't you ask michi himself. normally he is quite responsive.
volker.