[PD-dev] dlopen() for windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue May 26 21:37:50 CEST 2009

August just brought this potentially handy piece of software to my
attention:

http://code.google.com/p/dlfcn-win32/

Basically, it allows you to use dlopen() to access the native Win32
calls.  Or in their words:
"This library implements a wrapper for dlfcn, as specified in POSIX
and SUS, around the dynamic link library functions found in the
Windows API."

We are including it into the MinGW build system, so potentially, Pd
code could use only dlopen() and work on all platforms.

Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker ethic