[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2637417 ] When connecting to Jack mode, Pd freezes

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu May 28 17:32:29 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2637417, was opened at 2009-02-25 10:48
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2637417&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
>Group: v0.41

Initial Comment:
I've noticed a couple of bug with regard to Jack and the new test build of Pd extended:

1) When connecting to Jack mode, Pd freezes and has to be force quit.

2) Another problem I've noticed is with current release of 0.40.3 extended, is when Pd is not computing audio, cpu usage shoots up around 30% .

This appears to happen when compute audio is first activated, then switched off. Switching on audio and cpu returns to nominal amount. This problem does not affect actual usage.

Specs problems appear on:
os 10.5.6 Intel 2.4 iMac
os 10.4.11 PPC 1 ghz
Jack OSX 0.81

thanks

Date: 2009-05-28 11:32

Message:
since there is another bug report about the CPU usage
(https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2791638&group_id=55736),
I renamed this one to be about the first part.  Can  you give steps to
reproduce the freeze?  I haven't seen this using Mac OS X/Intel 10.5.(6|7)
and JackOSX 0.81 using Pd-extended 0.41.4 release candidates.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2009-02-25 11:01

Message:
which version of jackosx are you using?