[PD-dev] new Windows MinGW build env

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jun 10 19:06:16 CEST 2009

So August and I have been banging our heads against the whole world of
MinGW to try to come up with a more up-to-date GNU build environment
for Windows.  I have documented what we have come up with so far here:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/WindowsMinGW

The big challenge here is to try to get a version of gcc working that
is newer than 3.4.5.  I know patco's been working on that some.
Basically, this is a plea for help :)  That page is a wiki to document
all the steps of this process.  None of those steps are cast in stone,
so if you know a better way to do this, please step in.

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!