[PD-dev] Windows MinGW rebuild on build machine

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 12 19:01:23 CEST 2009

Hey,

This is an FYI.  I just rebuilt the Windows build machine with the new
MinGW dev environment meant to support things like ffmpeg, gmerlin,
expat, etc.

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/WindowsMinGW

It is still using gcc 3.4.5, but if someone wants to figure out which
gcc 4.x MinGW build works for Pd et al, I can upgrade the build
server.  There is some documentation of two gcc 4.x versions to try in
the above page.  Using gcc 4.x means that the builds could use auto-
vectorization, so that more code would use SSE2, etc. and run faster.

I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone."  --Bjarne Stroustrup