[PD-dev] gem "pix_movie", playback starts immediately when opening file

Hannes Breitschädel hannes-b at gmx.at
Mon Jun 15 14:56:04 CEST 2009

Hi Johannes!

Thanks a lot for the quick answer!

1. I did not use the latest version of gem and pd. sorry. i had pd
0.42.4 and the current official gem release.
since the update it works fine on all computers.

here is the gem printout:

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.92.CVS
GEM: compiled: May 28 2009
GEM: using SSE2 optimization
Gem Man: QT init OK

pix_film:: directshow support
pix_film:: quicktime support
[pix_movie]: opening T:/Daten/Hannes/VideoPlayer/./patches/../data/rem-
leaving.avi with format 1908
Trying DirectShow
[pix_movie]: loaded file: T:/Daten/Hannes/VideoPlayer/./patches/../
data/rem-leaving.avi with 4250 frames (640x480) at -1.000000 fps
GEM: GLEW version 1.5.1
GEM: Start rendering
GL: invalid enumerant

obviously pix_movie uses dirct show.
my avi format ist motion jpeg. i use the same avi files on all 4
computers.
i found out that motion jpeg is the only format that i am able to
playback with pix_movie. but i omit that i gave up trying after the
5th or so codec.

do i need to worry about:
"GL: invalid enumerant"

so, again, thanks!
i have a question regarding recommended codecs, i will put this in a
new thread.

all the best from overcast vienna,
hannes

Hannes Breitschädel