[PD-dev] gem "pix_movie": which video codecs?

Hannes Breitschädel hannes-b at gmx.at
Mon Jun 15 15:05:05 CEST 2009

Hi List!

As far as I know the gem-object "pix_movie" uses either directshow or
quicktime to playback films.

  I tried to encode the film to various formats and then open it with
pix_movie. This is was a very time consuming and frustrating job.
finally on my xp system only motion jpeg works. (very large video-
files :-( )

Is there an easy way to find out which formats pix_movie is able to
play back?

can you sort of "ask" pix_move or quicktime and direct show what they
support?

btw:
i recommend the open source software "mpeg_streamclip "
features:
- free
- convert videos to various formats
- rip a dvd