[PD-dev] uDMX pd external crashes pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jun 30 19:28:29 CEST 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Georg Werner wrote:

> i asked michael eggers (the developer of uDMX) and he did answer very
> quickly. if anybody needs it here is my .dll file for win32 and the
> udmx.c. cheers georg
>> floatinlet_new((t_object *)x, (t_float *)x->channel); //assigns float in
>> inlet 2 directly to channel
>> inlet_new(&x->p_ob, &x->p_ob.ob_pd, gensym("float"), gensym("ft1"));

Isn't that a matter of using the ampersand in front of x->channel ? What
you use as a t_float * must be at least a pointer to something that can be
used as a float... but this can be pretty much only t_float or t_word or
aliases for either of them. So probably the (t_float *) cast shouldn't be
there at all and there should just be the ampersand that it would need
anyway... unless x->channel is really a pointer to the variable... I
haven't seen the source code of this.