[PD-dev] align objects by keyboard shortcut WAS: Finished iemguts' [canvasselect] and a max-toolbox-like proof of concept

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 22:23:58 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Georg Werner<georg at fricklr.de> wrote:
> this is a little workaround for not having associative arrays ... ;) sorting
> 2 lists by the first one. (in this case e.g. the x-values and ids of
> objects)
> g.
I think IOhannes means that the object is missing ; )

I also made some alignment patches, ha, but forgot to announce them -
I'm keeping stuff in the SVN under abstractions/meta-abs/experimental.
 Looks like yours is cooler anyway!

By the way, check out [sort] in zexy - it outputs both a sorted list
as well as indices of the original positions in the input list, so you
can get "sort-one-list-by-another" functionality out of it (it's what
i'm using in my alignment patches) - and it's sure to be quicker. (oh,
I suppose you could already be using it in 2list-sort but I can't know
: ) )

Very glad an ecosystem is blooming!

Best
Luke