[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2819769 ] WinXp Pd.0.42.5 doesn't work

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 16 01:18:09 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2819769, was opened at 2009-07-10 14:09
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mrpeach
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2819769&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: v0.42

Initial Comment:
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2009-07-10/Pd-0.42.5-extended-20090710-windowsxp-i386.exe results in a Pd that exits before any windows or messages appear.
All earlier versions of Pd.0.42.5-extended for WinXp that I tried do the same.
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2009-05-23/Pd-0.41.4-extended-rc3-windowsxp-i386.exe works fine. Somewhere in between it broke.

Date: 2009-07-15 19:18

Message:
Yes it works now, but the font is tiny, about 8 point. Users will need to
wear glasses ;(

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2009-07-14 13:46

Message:
One thing to try is this version, it still uses Tcl/Tk 8.4

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2009-06-09/Pd-0.42.5-extended-20090609-windowsxp-i386.exe

I think the bug is pretty simple, I ran pd.com in cmd.exe and got this:

F:\WINDOWS\system32> cd "\Program Files\pd\bin"
F:\Program Files\pd\bin\>pd.com
spawnl: No such file or directory
F:\Program Files\pd\bin\wish84.exe: couldn't load TCL

This should be fixed in this commit, please test and let me know:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=11864