[PD-dev] PureData/Gridflow/Camera

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 3 17:44:38 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009, Alexandre Castonguay wrote:

> I just tried it with a logitech camera and I get a hard crash.

You can't just say "a logitech camera" here. say which kind of camera. the
"kind" means the driver that has to be used with it. That means that
"Logitech" isn't a kind of camera, but PWC (Philips) is. I know that UVC
cameras don't work with GridFlow because V4L2 isn't supported by GridFlow
and V4L1 isn't supported by UVC. Before PWC there were the QC-USB cameras,
of which you have at least one (perhaps a bunch) and we already used the
parallel port QuickCam in the nineties, so that makes 4 completely
different drivers (qce-ga was the only former name of the qc-usb driver).