[PD-dev] Pure Data/adding _path for gridflow

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 3 18:46:28 CEST 2009

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> sisil mehta wrote:
>> hello,
>> i have just compiled gridflow from cvs and get a :
>> "/usr/lib/pd/extra/gridflow/gridflow.pd_linux:
>> /usr/lib/pd/extra/gridflow/gridflow.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN9CPPExtern8m_holderE
>> gridflow: can't load library"
> did you compile gridflow with Gem support?
> if so, you need to load  -lib Gem  before  -lib gridflow

oh yes, but I've also got that message when using conflicting versions of
GEM: e.g. compile "with" source that has m_holder, and then try to run
with another GEM that doesn't have m_holder. I think it was even possible
to get this with same version numbers, e.g. early 0.90 versions aren't
compatible with late 0.90, and thus have to be treated like it's 0.89...
but I don't really recall.