[PD-dev] svn structure

Tim Jones tjones01 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 02:04:42 CEST 2009

As the Gentoo pd-overlay is a little moldy, I was planning on fixing some up
some of the ebuilds. I was a little bit confused by all the overlap in svn,
though. What's the difference between the trunk and the pd-devel branch?
pd-overlay also seemingly offers two choices: build pd-extended (with all
its externals) in one process, or build pd-devel (or a numbered version of
pd, src from M. Puckette's site) and then build the plugins seperately, one
by one. Would there be any significant difference between these two
approaches? I like the modularity of the latter, having seperate ebuilds for
each plugin. Also, what would be the best place in svn to get src for the
externals themselves? /trunk/externals?