[PD-dev] FYI: raising windows with GNOME/metacity

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Aug 14 01:58:50 CEST 2009

I found a solution to the GNOME/metacity blocking the raising of
windows.  It turns out to be not too bad.  Basically, you just have to
'group' each window with the toplevel '.' (i.e. the Pd window), then
you can raise windows.  Here's the commit for Pd-extended:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=11888

I am going to try adding this on pd-devel now...

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White