[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-2838176 ] Tooltips patch for 0.42-5

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 15 18:23:57 CEST 2009

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=2838176&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: feature

Initial Comment:
This is GG/tim's tooltip patch ported forward to 0.42-5

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2009-08-15 16:23

Message:
Miller's objection about t_class is just an excuse for keeping contributors
out.

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2009-08-15 16:19

Message:
Who is this mystery patch fixer? :D  I would also very much like to see
tooltips in Pd, but Miller had some objections to the original version of
this patch which he outlined on the list, IIRC.  Was there any attempt to
address those objections?

I think Miller's objection was related to modifying the t_class struct,
and I think Günter proposed an alternate approach that didn't need to
modify that struct.