[PD-dev] Pure Data/gridflow/running flow_objects.c

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Aug 16 22:07:19 CEST 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, sisil mehta wrote:

> http://gridflow.ca/gallery/multiblob.png(the multiblob patch ) do i have
> to write the program for it? so is it available somewhere? Sisil.

I'm finally adding examples/multiblob.pd based on the screenshot of
occupants-video.pd found in that screenshot. However I cut out the mask
made by [# &] for columns 312-319, because this was specifically for a
camera that had a lot of noise in those columns.

I'm also merging in some parts that were never seen, from later versions
of the patch (after the screenshot that you know). One of the "new"
features is the rotation of the crosses.

I'm also cutting off some useless things from that patch, and I don't just
mean the parts marked as "unused", I mean object combinations that were
detours that existed only because of the way I made the patch in the first
place.

Eventually, I might replace the thresholder by a complete colour detector.

new screenshot at http://gridflow.ca/gallery/multiblob2.png

new patch is at http://gridflow.ca/svn/trunk/examples/multiblob.pd
(just use svn update)

I made some changes after making the screenshot: crosses aren't square
anymore (change in #make_cross.pd) and the selected areas are now dotted
white with some kind of 1/6 stipple.