[PD-dev] autobuild externals, motex and ext13 makefile issues..

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Aug 17 02:11:06 CEST 2009

The idea is to make a template Makefile for use with any lib that
doesn't need ./configure (which is most).  Then once we have something
that people are happy with, make it the default Makefile template,
include it in the Externals HOWTO, and then use it in the libraries
that are in SVN.

The DESTDIR stuff was breaking by brain.  Perhaps you could give it a
shot and see if you could make more sense of it?  It seems that you
have a good use case, so that might make it easier to work thru the
problems.

I don't remember, do you have commit access?  If so, just commit the
changes, if not add patches to the tracker, or request commit access.

.hc

On Aug 16, 2009, at 4:11 AM, dmotd wrote:

> greetings
>
> i've taken over the job of packaging pd-extended
> on archlinux, and in doing so i've found a side
> effect to the changes initiated at r11880 (re:
> after a good argument with IOhannes in Brazil, I
> think we have a good Makefile template here), last
> edited r11891.
>
> this template (which was also applied to motex) is
> causing the 'install' directive to concatenate the
> DESTDIR and objectsdir variables, both set in the
> externals root Makefile, and both containing the
> majority of the same path.
>
> the result is a duplicate file path, causing both
> of these libs to be installed to the wrong
> location!
>
> this is effecting my builds here, but it is also
> noticible in the autobuild farm logs - see the
> lastest for confirmation.
>
> hopefully this can be fixed asap, but i was also
> wondering what ideas have come from these
> discussions for the externals build process? is
> this template designed to be applied to the each
> build target?
>
> cheers,
> dmotd
>

> REFERENCES:
> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=11881
> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2009-08-15/logs/2009-08-15_01.58.46_linux_debian-etch-i386_pd-extended.txt

Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker ethic