[PD-dev] [info complete $cmd_from_pd] profiling

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Aug 18 06:00:02 CEST 2009

Hey Miller,

Just going thru the code you checked in.  I noticed this
in ::pd_connect::pd_readsocket,  I am guessing this is the re-add any
"\n" that are missing.  I am curious, did you profile it at all?  I
was hesitant to do that because I thought it might have a big
performance hit.

Here's the snippet in question:

     while {![info complete $cmd_from_pd] || \
         [string index $cmd_from_pd end] != "\n"} {
         append cmd_from_pd [read $pd_socket]
         if {[eof $pd_socket]} {
         close $pd_socket
         exit
         }
     }

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.