[PD-dev] [PD] pd-toolkit first Release

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 19 19:47:16 CEST 2009

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> kbd_ctrl isn't the most memorable name, at least for my leaky mind.  I
> am guessing kbd means keyboard?  Maybe key_ctrl?  Then it means both
> keyboard and 'key' as in important, like: "the key object in my editing
> toolkit is key_ctrl".

Then wouldn't "kbd" be better as it can't be confused with the other
meaning of "key" that you are talking about ? :)

"kbd" as an abbreviation is very common. The naming of the KBD tag in
HTML is confusing though (something to do with typewriters). In almost all
other cases, KBD is short for keyboard.