[PD-dev] cut/copy/paste from text in canvas (i.e. obj, msg, comment, etc)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 2 00:04:05 CEST 2009

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Sep 1, 2009, at 5:03 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> Why look for reasons when you can just nuke the offending code.
> Sometimes there were good reasons to do strange things in the code.

Yeah, I know that. Happens often, even.

>  Also, sometimes there are dependencies...

Ah. A few people use those commands in dynamic patching. But that's
definitely not why it was implemented. I think it's more about Miller not
wanting to learn enough of Tk... nevermind that Tcl/Tk was definitely the
easiest GUI toolkit ever, at the time Miller started using it (and still
competes favourably, but toolkits' ease of use change a lot with the
programming language).