[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-2848888 ] Windows/Cygwin/MinGW build fixes

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 3 00:57:23 CEST 2009

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=2848888&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: bugfix

Initial Comment:
In order to build on Cygwin and MinGW cleanly and with a simple build system, the macro 'MSW' should be replaced with the automatic macro '_WIN32' (the preceeding underscore is important).  It should be replaced in all .c and .h files, and can be done using a simple replace, like "sed -i 's|MSW|_WIN32|' *.[ch]".  Then the patch attached fixes a couple of minor Cygwin-specific macro tests.  Also, once MSW is replaced with _WIN32, then this chunk of code can also be removed from m_pd.h:

/* old name for "MSW" flag -- we have to take it for the sake of many old
"nmakefiles" for externs, which will define NT and not MSW */
#if defined(NT) && !defined(MSW)
#define MSW
#endif

Date: 2009-09-02 18:57

Message:
Ok, so now I had to sort out the HAVE_UNISTD_H define, that one was
basically being used as: #ifndef _WIN32, so I put that in instead. MinGW
has unistd.h, so HAVE_UNISTD_H was causing issues.  But MinGW is WIN32 API,
so it doesn't have all the UNIXy stuff.