[PD-dev] deb packages discussion

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 22 19:04:02 CEST 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> i agree (and honestly i don't think a CPAN-like system will happen
>> anytime soon).
>

> It will happen as soon as someone does it.  :D  I don't think anyone
> objects to the idea, right?

well, like always - i do :-)

i agree with dmotd, that such a thing has to be thought through _very_
carefully. it's easy to hack together something dirty.
e.g. cygwins package management system is just something i would never
ever like to encounter again.

but honestly: personally as a debian user (being nurtured with apt) i am
not a great friend of all these concurrent packaging systems; e.g.
python-eggs/buildouts do cause me a lot of headache, because they don't
integrate into apt (or any other concurrent package-manager, i guess) at
all. i don't want to get Pd into the same hell....

fgmasdr
IOhannes