[PD-dev] pd-extended versioning, svn, and nightly builds

Tim Jones tjones01 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:52:03 CEST 2009

Hello

I'd like to know: what is the autobuild server actually building every
night? What does pd-extended 0.42.5 actually consist of in terms of
SVN directories? I see /branches/pd-extended/0.42 in svn, but this
only contains pd source. Are the externals pulled from trunk?

I guess I can get everything that the server builds with rsync this
way: http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource
But I would just like to know how to reproduce the nightly pd-extended
source tree manually from svn. Maybe it's done from one of the many
files in /scripts, but then where do those come from?

Also, how do the devs keep track of the versions? Is there any history
kept? Is there any way I could reconstruct 0.42.4 or earlier? I did
`grep -r "0\.41\.4" *` in the Pd-extended-0.41.4 release, which didn't
turn up much. Likewise for pd-extended-0.42.5 in the latest rsync
checkout.