[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2869073 ] display freeze

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 29 00:44:28 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2869073, was opened at 2009-09-28 14:20
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by matju
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2869073&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I encounter recurrent blocking in the display, I mean the program continues to work normally but all the toggles, bangs, sliders don't move anymore. clicking on these objects still has effect but the display is not updated. I have no idea when the freeze happens, I don't find any relation with my configuration or certain operations, it doesn't happen often enough. My only supposition is that it has something to do with audio file reading (with readsf~) but it's really not sure.
I use Windows vista, with differents audio drivers, default chipset driver, asio4all, or an external audio interface driver. It happens sometimes even on my performance machine that is as clean as possible.
thanks for reading

Comment By: Mathieu Bouchard (matju)
Date: 2009-09-28 18:44

Message:
try again using the -stderr startup option (that is, no console) and see
whether it makes a difference.