[PD-dev] PdGuiRewriteTestBuilds

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Sep 29 21:11:41 CEST 2009

Thanks for your reply!

On 29/09/2009, at 9.46, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Based on this, it looks like you don't have Fink installed or not
>> in the
>> normal '/sw'
>>

>> ./configure: line 2028: INCLUDES+=-I/sw/include: No such file or
>> directory
>> ./configure: line 2029: LDFLAGS+=-L/sw/lib: No such file or directory
>>

> hmm, i guess the error means that configure tries to execute the
> literal
> "INCLUDES+=-I/sw/include", which i don't know where it comes from.
> hans' suggestion about not having anything installed in /sw should be
> irrelevant here, as you should be able to set the build-variable
> INCLUDES to whatever value you like. at this stage, nobody knows yet,
> that the characters that follow the characters "-I" (or "-L" resp) are
> actually meant to be a directory, not to mention an _existing_
> directory.
> (the problem might appear later during the build step; i hope that /sw
> is not hardcoded in the configure script but obtained somehow from the
> system)

Ok.

> the missing "AC_TYPE_INT16_T" suggests that you are using a too old
> version of autoconf.
> unfortunately it is a bit hard to track the practically needed
> autoconf
> version (i guess very few people regularily update AC_PREREQ() when
> using newer features).
> i would suggest to upgrade to the latest and greatest autotools.

Ok. The following is what i have and seam to be the latest and
greatest in the Fink repo. And judging by http://puredata.info/dev/
PdGuiRewrite that should suffice.

$ which autoconf
/sw/bin/autoconf

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO
PURPOSE.

> then re-run autogen and autoconf and configure.
> and tell us whether the problem persists.

So i don't know. I'l try to start from scratch.