[PD-dev] PdGuiRewriteTestBuilds

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Wed Sep 30 19:34:14 CEST 2009

On 30/09/2009, at 9.46, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> hi again
>
> Steffen Juul wrote:

>>> meaning that "you do seem to have a problematic version of
>>> autoconf",
>>
>> Yes, i got it. thanks for investigating, IOhannes!
>
> btw, on a non fink contaminated machine running 10.4 i have autoconf
> 2.61 installed which can process the configure.ac fine.

Ok. I guess i shouldn't have updated autoconf then. Thanks for testing.

>> It gets rid of error, but make still says:
>>
>> $ make
>> make -C po all
>> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `.msg', needed by `all'.  Stop.
>> make: *** [locales] Error 2
>

> these errors are (i think) unrelated to which version of msgfmt you
> have
> installed.
> in fact, it seems that make fails to properly expand it's build
> targets,
> and thus never calling msgfmt.

I was thinking some thing along those lines, but don't read makefiles
all that well (only basics).

> some general hints:

This is great. General hints for debugging is very dandy. Im
currently updating the gettext tools to see if that in fact does the
trick.

> - are you sure that you are at least at revision 12459 of the
> branches/pd-gui-rewrite/0.43/ ?

I'm now at revision 12498 which i presume is the latest at of writing.

> - did you do any modifications to the Makefile(s)?

Not other then what you suggested in commenting out those lines in
configure.ac.

> - does it work if you do this?
>  % cd po
>  % make en_ca.msg

Yes.

$ make en_ca.msg
msgfmt --check --tcl --locale=en_ca -d . en_ca.po

> - do you have a crooked version of make?

I don't know, i have:

$ make --version
GNU Make 3.80
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.