[PD-dev] Tabbed Console plugin

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 20:45:08 CEST 2009

Dear all,

i've attached the first version of a Tabbed Console plugin. The goal is that
new messages can be sorted on new tabs by their prefix (the part before the
colon).
It already has a bug since it cannot deal with so many tabs that go
offscreen as ttk doesn't provide an easy way to scroll tabs. With the brand
new startup order in Pd it seems OK as startup plugins start only when libs
and everything are loaded so the big flood of messages is over when the
plugin starts. However if you can take your time please test it under real
life circumstances and feed me back if your tabs have run out of space soon.

Also i have tried to impement a kind of META comment system in the source -
not to flash my credits but because later i imagine a window in Pd that
would automatically list available plugins with their description and let
the user enable/disable them. If the META system looks alrite later i will
try to make that window up.

Thanks,

--
Muranyi Andras