[PD-dev] including MSVC in Makefile template

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 8 21:53:53 CEST 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 1:41 PM, <martin.peach at sympatico.ca> <martin.peach at sympatico.ca
 > wrote:

> hans wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I know there are some of you who use MSVC. We are finalizing the new
> > Makefile template, if you want to include MSVC rules in it, now
> would
> > be the time to do it. Here's how: edit externals/ext13/Makefile and
> > add the stuff for MSVC. The key part is that it can't break the
> other
> > stuff.
> >

> Ummm, what's special about ext13?
> I realized I didn't even have that directory in my local copy.
> I think it's because on MSW Tortoise svn always bails when it runs
> into the file in gridflow that has an asterisk as part of its name,
> so whatever came after that isn't included. Maybe that could be
> fixed first?

Isn't it fixed?  I haven't had that trouble in a while.  The gridflow
stuff was 'svn rm'ed but that might still leave some residue.

Nothing is special about ext13, its just that we are using it as the
test bed for the template.  FYI: I just added Cygwin stuff to it.
Once we get the details ironed out, then we'll turn it into a proper
template and replace the build systems of other things with it.  I
used it to bulid everything in 'pd/extra' in Pd-extended for example.