[PD-dev] Tabbed Console plugin

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 12 22:06:39 CEST 2009

Quoting "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at>:

>>> Now that I've been thinking about this for a while - wouldn't it
>>> be  OK to change the behaviour of [print PREFIX] so that when it
>>> chops  up lists, it puts PREFIX to the beginning of each line not
>>> only the  first?
>>> Staying with the above example, wouldn't this make more sense:
>>> x1: Walk
>>> x1: the
>>> x1: dog
>>>
>>> ...than this:
>>> x1: Walk
>>> the
>>> dog

hmm, sorry to chime in, but shouln't the above example be either
"x1: Walk the dog"
or
"Walk the dog"?

no problems with or without prefixes here...

>> Well, you'd lose the nice columns that form when the prefix is the
>> same on every line.
>>

>> Uh... right now i got no nice columns, no same prefix on each line,
>>  only on the first line.
>> My suggestion is exactly that, to put it on every line.
>
> doh, yeah, sorry, I'd say all or one, or something to keep things in
>  columns.

sure.

one other thought:
i haven't looked at the plugin so forgive my ignorance: but if i have
a tab for each prefix, i don't see a compelling reason why you would
want to display the prefix _at all_ (i thought "x1" would be the name
of the tab; no reason the repeat it again and again)

fgmard
IOhannes