[PD-dev] Tabbed Console plugin

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 03:39:40 CEST 2009

> i've attached the first version of a Tabbed Console plugin. The goal is
> that new messages can be sorted on new tabs by their prefix (the part before
> the colon).
> It already has a bug since it cannot deal with so many tabs that go
> offscreen as ttk doesn't provide an easy way to scroll tabs. With the brand
> new startup order in Pd it seems OK as startup plugins start only when libs
> and everything are loaded so the big flood of messages is over when the
> plugin starts. However if you can take your time please test it under real
> life circumstances and feed me back if your tabs have run out of space soon.
>
> Also i have tried to impement a kind of META comment system in the source -
> not to flash my credits but because later i imagine a window in Pd that
> would automatically list available plugins with their description and let
> the user enable/disable them. If the META system looks alrite later i will
> try to make that window up.

I have made a first shot on a plugin-selector plugin. Once loaded, it
appears in the Media/Preferences menu. Also attached a new version off the
tabbed console plugin. Comments are welcome.
BTW the gtklook plugin makes messagebox font quite big (compared to the
button's text) and there is no way to override it, unless i overwrite some
options which i'm not bold enough to do...

Andras