[PD-dev] Building extended on amd64

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 29 00:37:19 CET 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 3:18 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> Do you have 'sed' installed, i.e. does /usr/bin/sed exist, or /sw/
> bin/sed?  You could also try commenting out the section that changes
> the version in packages/linux_make/Makefile.  Comment out these two
> lines then set the version in packages/linux_make/debian/control:
>
> 	sed -i 's|^Version:.*|Version: $(DEB_PD_VERSION)|' \
> 		$(DESTDIR)/DEBIAN/control
>

>> BTW i want to download all sources again and start from the
>> beginning (to make sure i don't run into problems that are already
>> fixed), but svn.grrrr.org still doesn't work for me.
>
> svn update --ignore-externals
>
> .hc
>
> Thanks.
> Making from the fresh sources (it seems that i only had to add -fPIC
> to the main makefile) i'm getting this:
>
> install -p /home/muranyia/Download/pure-data/abstractions/mtl/
> 1-13LP.pd \
>         /home/muranyia/Download/pure-data/packages/linux_make/build//
> usr/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/mtl
> install: cannot stat `/home/muranyia/Download/pure-data/abstractions/
> mtl/1-13LP.pd': No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [mtl_install] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/muranyia/Download/pure-data/
> abstractions'
> make[1]: *** [abstractions_install] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/muranyia/Download/pure-data/
> packages'
> make: *** [install] Error 2

Yeah, everyone's getting that because whoever is working on adding
pdmtl broke the build...  try removing 'pdmtl' from abstractions/
Makefile

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler