[PD-dev] [PD] pd-extended build on 9.10

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Oct 31 22:07:50 CET 2009

On Oct 31, 2009, at 3:03 PM, András Murányi wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 5:13 PM, olsen
> <sesselastronaut at googlemail.com> wrote:
> buenas
> ydegoyon at gmail.com wrote:
> ola,
>
> /usr/lib/pd/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_linux: /usr/lib/pd/extra/pidip/
> pidip.pd_linux: undefined symbol: quicktime_has_video
> pidip: can't load library
>

> it's been a long time i haven't seen this one
> this means that you load pidip before loading pdp,
> or you don't load pdp at all
> i guess this was because my brain was building this trunken package
> as hans indicated.
> so now i'm trying to follow the instructions on build & whoop:
>
> gcc -DPD -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -
> Wno-switch -fPIC -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math
> -DPDP_VERSION=\"0.12.5-darcs\" -I. -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I../
> include -I../../include -I/home/olsen/pd/pd-extended_2/pd-extended/
> pd/src   -o pdp_bitmap.o -c pdp_bitmap.c
> pdp_bitmap.c:41: error: conflicting types for
> ‘pdp_packet_bitmap_isvalid’
> ../../include/pdp_bitmap.h:90: note: previous declaration of
> ‘pdp_packet_bitmap_isvalid’ was here
> make[5]: *** [pdp_bitmap.o] Error 1
>
> any bughunter knows this one?
> salutis
>

> I'm standing at the same one (on amd64).
>
> Andras

There was a mismatch between the header declaration, which used a
'bool' return type and the actual functions themselves, which used an
'int' return type.  Previously this didn't matter since there was a
#define bool int, which means that all the 'bool's where converted to
'int's before compilation.

Now, its the way it should be.  'svn up' and try again.

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent controls
you." - Richard M. Stallman