[PD-dev] 0.42.5 pd-extended crashes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Nov 5 05:53:18 CET 2009

On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 09:24 -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>> Hans and all,
>>
>> Following is not the case with either 0.41.4 or 0.43.
>>
>> Create a new patch->create a subpatch (e.g. [pd test]) which will
>> immediately open upon creation->close the main patch (with or without
>> saving)->crash. It happens consistently on my machine.
>>
>> However, if one closes the subpatch ([pd test]) and then closes the
>> main
>> patch, it does not crash.
>>
>> The tough part is even when runnning pd with debugging enabled and
>> stderr flag the only output I get at crash is menuclose 2 and then
>> segfault.

Hmm, I can't reproduce this using Pd-extended 0.42.5-20091104 on Mac
OS X 10.5.8/Intel.  That bug does ring a bell, but I thought it was
fixed.

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson