[PD-dev] 0.42.5 pd-extended crashes

ico at vt.edu ico at vt.edu
Fri Nov 6 04:22:39 CET 2009

> Hmm, I can't reproduce this using Pd-extended 0.42.5-20091104 on Mac
> OS X 10.5.8/Intel.  That bug does ring a bell, but I thought it was
> fixed.
>
> .hc

It is definitely there on my end (svn checked out approx. a week ago). The fix I
suggested definitely fixes it. I've tested it on the last l2ork rehearsal on 9
machines running concurrently and it was rock solid for over an hour and a half
running a complex patch and obviously using the fix I sent out in my previous
email. Speaking of that fix, it seems to me that the additional
"check_geometry" call is indeed superfluous as the debugger output shows that
last check_geomtery shifts the canvas a tiny bit (unless this is compiz's doing
on Linux), introducing inconsistency to the window/canvas position (if I
understand correctly what check_geometry does).

Best wishes,

Ico