[PD-dev] [PD] pd-extended build on 9.10

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:51:11 CET 2009

2009/11/9 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>

> On Nov 9, 2009, at 12:59 PM, András Murányi wrote:
>

>> ...and i got my package successfully built on Hardy 8.04 amd64. Thanks
>> Hans!
>> It starts up and seems to run smoothly - there's just some font weirdness.
>>
>> I imagined that upon this, pd-gui-rewite would happily load the libraries
>> but it's not the situation. Do you how i might help it?
>>

>> Sorry for bouncing this - will my pd-gui-rewrite be ever happy with the
>> libraries from my new 64-bit install? If yes, how can i help it?
>>

> You'll have to expand on what you mean, its not clear here.

Let's see. I'm on 64-bit Ubuntu. Until now, I've been using a 32-bit binary
of Pd-extended, and i had set up the new pd-gui-rewrite "stuff" alongside. I
was not surprised that it couldn't load the libraries from the 32-bit
Pd-extended installation, but now that i have made and installed my 64-bit
Pd-extended, i expected that it would load its libraries: they are 64-bit
now, pd-gui-rewrite is 64-bit too, what a nice couple, i thought.
Apparently, pd-gui-rewrite still doesn't load the libs, no ELF32 messages
any more but all "couldn't load" plus a few "unknown sybol" errors.
That's where i am, and what i wish is that i can try pd-gui-rewrite in its
full functionality, which would be, loading the libs listed in .pdsettings.

Thanks,

--
Muranyi Andras